Wednesday, September 8, 2010

An Introduction

Hello everyone!

With this being my first post, I figured I should give a bit of an introduction.  My name is Tony, and I attend college here in Minnesota.  I am in my fourth year and am majoring in journalism with a minor in speech communication.  I came to the college as a sports management major and, although I still harbor an intense love for sports, decided to change my focus to journalism, since I felt that sports management seemed to be more on the business side of things rather than writing, which I seem to enjoy.  With the major in journalism I figured I should get some kind of blog or journal up on the internet to express my thoughts, so here is my first try.

I was born in a smaller town here in Minnesota, and moved to several other towns before settling in Willmar, Minnesota.  I tried my hand at athletics all the way through my sophomore year of high school, and I ended up deciding that watching sports, not playing them, was right for me.  My high school had several successful athletic programs, and that certainly made things more enjoyable as a student.

My favorite professional sports teams are the Vikings, Twins, Timberwolves, and Tampa Bay Lightning (I'll get to it later).  However, I am going to spend most of my time here sharing my thoughts about the Vikes, Twins, and Wolves, with the possibility of a few Wild-related posts later into the hockey season.  I started watching the NHL around this time last year, and instead of going with the hometown Wild, I decided to choose a random team, and that team happened to be the Lightning.  I'll admit I'm not the most knowledgeable hockey fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I really love watching the sport, and I figured I would get into it eventually since I do live in the State of Hockey.

Anyways, that's all I got for now, and I hope you guys (and gals) enjoy my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment